LSU to Host LATA
The Louisiana State University Athletic Training Department is very excited to announce that the 2010 Louisiana Athletic Trainers' Association (LATA) Summer Symposium will be hosted by LSU this year. It will be held at the Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel and Casino on June 3-5. Please visit the LATA website for links to hotel information and the registration form. To guarantee a room, you must reserve it by May 20 and registration forms must be postmarked by May 24.
The current educational symposium will include speakers such as:
- Ricky Lane, PT - Active Release for the Athlete
- Andy Barker, MS, ATC - Inventory and Insurance Tracking thru a Database
- Dr. Rick Ahmad - Hand and Wrist Injuries - When to Operate
- Tavis Piattoly, MS, LDN, RD - Nutrition and Its Effects on an Injury During Recovery Phase
- Shawn Eddy, MEd, ATC and Dr. Carey Winder - Case Study: Dislocated Patella in a Division 1 Basketball Player
- Dr. Carey Winder - Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatments
- Dr. Brian Harrell and Dr. Ricky Pratt - Analysis of Bloodwork - What Does It Mean?
- Dr. David Thomas - Sleep Disorders and How They Effect Sport Performance
- Dr. Paul Kramm - Prolo Therapy
- John Porche, MEd, LAT, ATC - Are YOU Certified to Practice as an Athletic Trainer in Louisiana?
- Charles Baglio - Hall of Fame Banquet, Keynote Speaker